DINING & SOCIALISING
We are currently under City of Edinburgh Tier 3 restrictions. This means that our bars and restaurants are open to members, residents and non-residents until 6pm. Please note, we are required to temporarily suspend the sale of alcohol across in our bars and restaurants. We can serve alcohol to residents with room service to 11pm. We are also unable to allow guests to bring their own alcohol for consumption in our outlets.
Current guidelines allow a maximum of six guests from two households to still meet together indoors in a bar or restaurant, with appropriate safety measures in place.
Our Cocktail Bar and Pentland Restaurant close at 10pm. Room service, with complimentary tray charges, will be available from 7am until 11pm, 7 days
Please note that alcohol will be available to purchase with room service until 11pm, 7 days.
All bars and restaurants at Dalmahoy are 1-metre plus physical distancing zones.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner in our Pentland Restaurant will be offered at tables for up to 6 guests, with a maximum of two households per table.
Our Cocktail Bar has been set-up to ensure 1-metre plus social distancing and adherence to the updated Government guidelines. We ask that:
- All guests refrain from moving any furniture in the bars
- As per the updated indoor gathering guidelines, all guests socialise in tables of up to a maximum of 6 people from two households per table
- All guests follow these updated guidelines at all times in the bar, restaurant and across the full resort
Our Championship East Course and Resort West Course are open to hotel residents and members/visitors residing in the City of Edinburgh council area. We have been following the guidance from Scottish Golf and have installed a suitable framework for safe play. This framework aims to protect the health and wellbeing of our golf team, our members and guests. Our leisure club reopened on Monday 7th September. Our reopening action plan has been carefully carried out to ensure our members and residents can focus on having an enjoyable experience with us on your return.
Our Championship East Course and Resort West Course are open to hotel residents and members/visitors residing in the City of Edinburgh council area. Please note, we are operating a pre-booking system for all gym, fitness classes and swimming session slots, and the following guidelines provide further information and details on how to book.
Beauty Essentials is now open. Please call the Salon directly to book your treatment - full details here.
IMPORTANT - GOLF & LEISURE UPDATE - TUESDAY 17TH NOVEMBER
On Tuesday, 17 November, the First Minister announced that further travel restrictions will be put in place across Scotland, starting from 6pm Friday, 20 November.
Dalmahoy sits in the City of Edinburgh council area. This region will continue under Level 3 restrictions. However, from Friday, it will be law that people in Scotland cannot travel into or out of Level 3 or Level 4 areas unless it is essential. The next Scottish Government review is expected to take place on Friday, 11 December.
With restrictions tightening across many parts of the country, we welcome the fact that on-course golf activity can continue and our leisure club can remain open - all in compliance with local restrictions.
Scottish Golf has been working closely with sportscotland and the Scottish Government to gain final sign-off on their latest version of the COVID-19 Guidance for Golf Clubs and Golfers which includes a new summary sheet detailing what golf activity can take place under each level of protection.
As Dalmahoy is located in a Level 3 area, we can confirm the following will apply from 6pm on Friday, 20 November to Friday, 11 December inclusive unless further change are announced by the Government:
- On course activities: groups of up to 4 golfers with no restrictions on number of households can continue to play
- Tee-times: must be booked in advance
- Outlets: Starter’s Lodge, Golf Shop and Cocktail Bar will remain open for golfers
- Alcohol: no alcohol can be served in any outlet
- Coaching: all coaching is permitted, up to a maximum of 30 people for group coaching
- Driving range: remains open from 07.30, last balls 20.00, closes 20.30
- Gymnasium and swimming pool: remains open from 06.30, closes 20.30, must be booked in advance
- Fitness Classes: outside classes only at the moment, slots must be booked in advance
- *IMPORTANT* - Travel: no travel into or out of Level 3 area (under 18’s exempt but cannot travel to a Level 4 area)
We fully understand that the final point regarding travel means that many of our members living outside the City of Edinburgh council area will be unable to travel to Dalmahoy to play golf or use our leisure club.
If you are still unsure which council area you reside in, you can check here - https://www.gov.scot/check-local-covid-level/.
For all golf and leisure members residing outside the City of Edinburgh council area, we will temporarily suspend your membership and will be amending your December monthly direct debit payment (due to be taken on Tuesday, 1 December) to compensate for not being able to use your membership from 20 November to 11 December inclusive. For annual payers impacted, please bear with us whilst we work through this internally and we will process a refund, as has previously been arranged.
The updated information supplied by Scottish Golf will be continue to be used in conjunction with Scottish Golf’s main guidance and we are very aware that this guidance may be subject to further change. Should this happen, we will continue to keep all our members informed.
We appreciate that these new restrictions are once again frustrating, but it remains our shared responsibility to prioritise the health of our local communities by working together to follow the Government guidelines. We thank all of our members for continuing to play their part during these difficult times.
- Our children’s play park is now open
- Physical distancing and traffic flow will be marked out where practical
- Capacity numbers within our golf and retail shop will be managed by our golf team
- All high touch points within our retail outlets will be sanitised at least once per hour and any clothing item uplifted by guests will be quarantined for 72 hours.
- Print magazines and newspapers will be suspended.
- Card machine (POS) terminals will be sanitised between each guest use, and before and after each shift
- This service is currently suspended